Arun River Facts
Grade for Autumn: Oct – Dec 4 to 5
Grade for Spring: Feb – May 3 to 5-
Possible operation: Round the year
Departure: Kathmandu or Pokhara
Rafting days: 11 days (KTM to KTM)
Entrance by: Fly to Tumlingtar for 45 minutes or drive to Basantapur 19 hours
Put-in point: 45 minutes down from Tumlingtar
Put-out point: Chatara
River distance: 70 km.
Optional trips to: Koshi Tappu or Royal Chitwan National Park for an excellent jungle safari
Numbers of pax: Minimum 6 persons
Trip Price: Contact Us
Arun River Rafting
The easiest ways to approach this river by plane to Tumlingtar is closer to put in point Kartikeghat where as you have to trek from Tumlingtar. Alternatively one can drive for 1½ days. This trip begins with a 3-day trek through remote villages in Eastern Nepal - an area few visitors ever see - camping out in lush forests with views of the snow capped Himalayan peaks. On the river, the powerful current drives your raft or kayak through 6 days of great white water action and you have to face more challenges each day as the number of rapids come one after another in succession; at night you relax on fantastic beaches in dramatic valleys. In our opinion, the combination of trekking, spectacular scenery, great rapids and remote location makes Arun the best river to run the fantastic white water rafting trip in Nepal.
Finally Arun meets with the Sunkoshi into a confluence of the Saptakoshi River. Below this confluence it is the same as Sunkoshi river trip.
A unique river passing through the two greenery hills usually explored by beginner and intermediate kayak learners and rafters. It has impressive gorges exciting rapids on its small volume white water.
Day 01: Kathmandu to Tumlingtar by air and trek to Kartikeghat.
Day 02: Rafting and camp at Tumlingtar.
Day 03: Rafting and camp at mid forest.
Day 04: Rafting and camp nearby Bhite rapid.
Day 05: Rafting ends at Chatara and transfer to Kathmandu.
Note: Rafting itinerary can be changed as per different situation.
- Ground Transportation (From and After).
- Meals, Western and continental food (breakfast, lunch, dinner) during your rafting trip
- River Permit.
- Necessary equipment as high quality self-bailing rafts, lifejackets, helmets, plastic paddles, wetsuits (only during the winter) on certain rivers, dry bag for gear, camera barrels and all safety and medical equipment.
- Safety Kayak.
- Necessary Staffs (Guide, Helpers, Cook etc).
- Tented accommodation in beautiful river beach with camp fire.
- Food, accommodation, insurance for all staff and their transportation.
- Expedition elements include professional guides and leadership.
- First aid kid box.
- Company T-Shirt.
Cost not Included
- Mineral water, cold drinks and alcoholic beverages during the whole trip.
- Hotel accommodations & meals at if you stay anywhere at the hotel during whole trip.
- Emergency evacuation.
- International airport pick up drop (if you order we can arrange).
- Things of personal use.
- Member insurance.
- Tips to Staffs.
- Sleeping bag (NRS.50 per night).
Please bring: -
- Swim wear for on the river.
- Warm clothing for the evenings including a fleece or a pullover.
- Sunscreen and lip protector.
- Sunglasses (with retaining device) and/or a cap.
- Towel and Toiletries (environmentally friendly is best).
- Personal medication.
- Reading book.
- Fishing hook (you can fishing in the Himalayan River).
Arun River Rafting Departure Dates
JAN: Close due to cold
FEB: Close due to cold
MAR: ON REQUEST
APR: ON REQUEST
MAY: ON REQUEST
JUN: CLOSE DUE TO MONSOON
JUL: CLOSE DUE TO MONSOON
AUG: CLOSE DUE TO MONSOON
SEP: CLOSE DUE TO MONSOON
OCT: ON REQUEST
NOV: ON REQUEST
DEC: ON REQUEST
Arun River Rafting Map